Point of Care Decision Support Anticoagulation Software Meets New Therapy Recommendations
Anticoagulation Coalition Electronic Health Record Task Force provides List of EHR features for the delivery of optimized anticoagulation therapy
Point of Care Anticoagulation (AC) software meets all key recommendations of a consensus statement recently published by the New York State Anticoagulation Coalition Electronic Health Record Task Force. The task force, a multidisciplinary panel of AC specialists that includes members from IPRO (a national, non-profit organization fostering enhanced healthcare quality), developed a list of 78 recommended EHR features spanning 20 key discrete areas and 425 logical steps to help optimize delivery of anticoagulation drugs and reduce adverse drug events associated with anticoagulant therapy.
Point of Care Anticoagulation Software Meets Key Recommendations from AC Electronic Health Records Task Force
Interested in seeing how Point of Care Decision Support complies with the recommendations outlined in the recent consensus statement? Request the complete list here.
Point of Care Anticoagulation (AC) ) software was designed and developed in collaboration with leading clinical thrombosis experts, and is a decision support tool that takes the complexity out of AC management by providing a real-time AC dashboard. With intuitive, predictive clinical decision support, Point of Care AC transforms evidence-based guidelines into intelligent tools that measure and improve AC therapy outcomes. Key features include: Warfarin initiation and maintenance auto-dosing using evidence-based dosing algorithms, full Target Specific Oral Anticoagulant (TSOAC) integration, Heparin bridging and switching support, along with multiple alerts and adverse event tracking.
“Meeting the key recommendations of the consensus statement confirms that our Point of Care software has been well designed and is positioned to be the leading AC therapy tool. Clients find our software to be especially valuable in light of new TSOAC drugs coming onto the market, changing AC therapy protocols, and more stringent regulatory guidelines,” said Tim Michalski, President of Point of Care Decision Support.
Key task force recommendations that are currently implemented in Point of Care AC clinical decision support software include:
Request the complete list of features and recommendations from the EHR Task Force.
- Guides personnel through a structured medication profile review, identifying and documenting AC medication profile changes and drug-related problems (e.g. drug-drug interactions) for all phases of AC care (e.g., warfarin, heparins, TSOACs).
- Displays data elements characterizing active and recent dosing of all anticoagulant medications and provides recommendations for transitions between anticoagulant agents (e.g. warfarin to TSOACs and vice versa)
- Queries patient record for key elements of risk/benefit evaluation, and automatically prioritizes high-risk patients
- Calculates new warfarin dose and schedule based on INR results and previous regimen using validated warfarin dosing nomograms
- System performs calculations of available validated risk and benefit scores (e.g. CHADS2, HASBLED)
- Supports active surveillance for scheduling and completion of procedures that may require interruption of anticoagulation, and re-initiation post-procedure
- Displays comprehensive (combined) panel of factors associated with risk for bleeding or thromboembolic event and automatically displays therapy recommendations based on risk score (e.g. hard stop if score excessive)
- Automatically queries patient visit record for recent data elements indicating or potentially indicating an adverse drug event
- Generates a comprehensive panel of patient, personnel, clinic and health system-level quality reports across all aspects of AC patient care
- Displays and disseminates educational materials/modules
POINT OF CARE AC RETURN ON INVESTMENT GAINS:
Request Customized Business Case
- Integrated Evidence-Based Dosing
Nomogram Yields a Minimum 4:1 Annual ROI
- Increased revenue
- Reduced costs
- Enhanced billing with less days outstanding
- Reduced chart pulls
- Reduced labor costs
DOWNLOAD THE BROCHURE!
- Intuitive Clinical Decision Support
- Evidence-Based Guidelines
- Manage Drug Interactions/Transitions